Friday, September 3, 2010

Morgan's Blog

This week I have been pretty stressed! But, the game last night was a lot of fun, and it was great to reunite with some old friends. I haven't any big plans for the weekend other then working every night...blah. But at least it's a three day weekend! Labor day weekend always reminds me of how great my childhood was. We would go to Knoxville, TN to see family every labor day weekend, and go boating, tubing, hiking, etc. They were great times where I felt free and knew nothing about the real world and reality. Now though, I have grown up quite a bit and have realized that without working hard, I won't go anywhere in this competitive world. My two jobs keep me busy, but I don't make them my life. I love my family more then anything, and I try to spend as much time with them as I can. If I could just go back and have one more Labor day weekend being 10 years old, I wouldn't wish for anything else. Nothing is better then having the innocence of a kid and living everyday deciding whether or not to play with barbies or go swimming. We all grow up though, and I would say I have adjusted as well as someone my age can do. For now, I just keep moving forward.

2 comments:

  1. I love labor day weekend! I might put Christmas or my birthday over labor day weekend, but I understand your point as someone that actually has a need for "labor" day. I don't have a job, so I guess you could still call me a ten-year-old. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree about the innocence as a kid. Ignorance really is bliss. Two jobs is quite a bit. I hope you don't stress yourself out too much.

    ReplyDelete